Day 153: Mario Tailgates Nascar Style
June 2, 2011
Doesn’t everything taste better with cheese? At least that is my motto. My middle child loves queso of any type and since we are trying to get him to gain weight, I thought this would be a great choice of a recipe. The rest of us don’t need to gain any weight, but I am a mom and want to do what is right, so I made him this calorie laden dish…..because I am a good mom….right?
Did you know that there was a NASCAR Style of cooking? I know I did not. Did you know that Mario Batali is an officially licensed NASCAR tailgating cookbook? I was surprised about that one too! Well he must be serious about his NASCAR and I know he is serious about food, so you must know that this cookbook is full of some yummy recipes.
The Ruling: We had a hard time with this one. Our cheese would not blend with the wine and whatever we did, we could not get it to work. I am sure that if we were to make it blend, it would have tasted lovely. The way it turned out for us, we had a hard time even getting it on a chip.
Queso Fundido, page 45
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ pound Monterey Jack cheese, rated
- ½ pound goat cheese, crumbled
- Two 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- ¼ pound cooked chorizo, cut into ½ inch dice
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the wine to a simmer. Immediately remove it from the heat, and the mozzarella cheese and Monterey jack cheeses, and stir continuously until they are melted. You’ll need to place it back on the grill for a few seconds to help it along. (if using a gas grill, reduce the heat to low for this step.)
- Stir in the goat cheese, green chiles, chorizo, and garlic. Continue heating and stirring for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a fondue pot and serve with tortilla chips
To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity, also known as Melissa Schmalenberger operates her business as I Did it with MS. Simplicity. She is a Professional Organizer based out of Fargo, ND and her website can be found at http://www.ididit-fargo.com/.
- Interested in starting your own Professional Organizing business, visit http://www.mssimplicity.com/ to learn about how Melissa can help you!
- Need to contact MS. Simplicity privately, you can email her at email@example.com.
- MS. Simplicity offers monthly classes, click hereto find out the latest offerings!
- For daily organizing tips find the MS. Simplicity fan page here.